Colorbond roofing has emerged as a preferred choice for many Australian homeowners. Known for its stylish appearance, lightweight structure, durability, and resilience against the harsh Australian weather, Colorbond offers a plethora of benefits. Here’s an in-depth look at what makes Colorbond roofing a standout option:
What is Colorbond Roofing?
Colorbond is a type of metal roof manufactured by BlueScope Steel. It consists of high-quality steel treated with a unique, permanent powder coating, protecting the steel from corrosion and wear & tear. Available in various styles and colors, Colorbond has become synonymous with “metal roofing” in Australia and New Zealand.
Longevity and Warranty
Colorbond roofing comes with a 30-year warranty from BlueScope Steel for corrosion and weathering. Additionally, it offers a warranty against paint flaking and chipping for up to 20 years. Typically, Colorbond roofing can last anywhere from 40 to 70 years, making it a great long-term investment compared to asphalt shingle roofs, which usually last up to 20 years.
Distinctive Features of Colorbond Roofing
- Lightweight: Colorbond roofs weigh only 1/10th the weight of roofing tiles, making installation faster and more cost-effective.
- Weather Resistant: Specially designed to withstand even the harshest Australian climate, Colorbond is tested in labs and outdoor facilities across Australia.
- Corrosion-Resistant: With a unique five-layer design, Colorbond offers long-lasting protection against corrosive agents.
- Up to 36 Years Warranty: Bluescope Steel offers a wide range of warranty options for Colorbond steel, valid for up to 36 years.
- High Design Flexibility: With 22 colors to pick from and various profiles, Colorbond roofs can be curved, shaped, or straightened to suit different home aesthetics.
- Great Value for Money: Easy to maintain and requiring less frequent painting, Colorbond roofs offer great value.
- Energy-Efficient: Utilizing Thermatech technology, Colorbond roofing helps insulate homes and reduce heat radiation, saving on heating and cooling bills.
- Suitable for All Roof Pitches: Ideal for houses with little or no pitch, Colorbond roofs do not pool water and allow for more versatile and open floor spaces.
- Fireproof: Compliant for use in extreme bushfire zones, Colorbond roofs provide excellent protection against fires.
- Environmentally Friendly: 100% recyclable, Colorbond roofs contribute to a sustainable home and a greener planet.
Repainting Colorbond Roofs
Colorbond roofs can be repainted, but the process requires expertise and specific steps, including inspection, preparation and pressure cleaning, priming, and painting using specialized equipment.
Conclusion: Elevate Your Home with Colorbond Roofing
Colorbond roofing has risen to be the top roofing option for most Australian homes. Its longevity, weather resistance, design flexibility, energy efficiency, and environmental friendliness make it a stylish addition that any discerning homeowner would look for.
Whether you’re building a new home or considering a roof replacement, Colorbond roofing promises decades of service and protection from the elements. Its appeal, coupled with its practical benefits, makes it a wise investment for your home.